Today’s vlog is about selling your used camera gear. Now don’t worry if you are not a photographer, you can apply all these tips for selling other items like your iPhones, iPads and all that good techie stuff.
Here are my top 5 tips for selling used camera gear.
1. Keep the original box and it’s contents. It’s always nice to give the next person all of the original contents as well.
2. Try your best to not damage the item. Use screen protectors and cases to help protect it.
3. If your thinking about selling your current gear in order to upgrade to new rumored gear, pay attention to the blogs and forums.
Once the rumors become frequent and you start seeing release date rumors, it’s a good time to list your items for sale.
4. Clean your gear and take some awesome product shots. By having the actual product photos instead of a stock you instill confidence in the buyer.
5. I’ve found gear specific forums as well as Photography Facebook groups are the best places to sell your items. Some of the forums I use are
Photography On The Net (for Canon gear) and Fredmiranda (for all camera gear).
Hopefully this was helpful and as always feel free to contact us :)
ps. Here is our original post about the challenge.